South Jersey Gas Former Pleasantville MGP: Weekly Project Update – Week of 12/16/19
South Jersey Gas and its contractor have completed soil remediation of the Pleasantville former Manufactured Gas Plant (MGP) Site at the intersection of North Franklin Boulevard and Old Turnpike in Pleasantville, New Jersey. Remaining activities include site restoration, as well as taking equipment and material offsite.
South Jersey Gas is committed to open communications with community leaders, government officials, residents and local businesses. For more information on the project,
visit http://pleasantvillemgp.com/. For questions or concerns, please call the project information line at (609) 833-2810 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: As the project nears completion, some work on Saturdays could be required.
Anticipated Work to be performed: December 16-20
- Continue paving the road.
- Continue curb and sidewalk restoration.
- Continue to remove equipment from the site.
- As necessary, continue water misting to reduce dust.
- Continue onsite security (weekdays: 4 p.m. – 7 a.m. and Sat/Sun: 24-hrs.).
Work performed: December 9-13
- Began paving the road.
- Backfilled, graded and compacted remaining areas.
- Continued curb and sidewalk restoration.
- Continued to remove equipment from the site.
- As necessary, continued water misting to reduce dust.
- Continued onsite security (weekdays: 4 p.m. – 7 a.m. and Sat/Sun: 24-hrs.).